Release 0.6 ("Cannon Beach")
Happy Holidays! Sorry, it's been over 3 months since our last release, but it's worth it. This release is awesome.
I'm giving this release the codename "Cannon Beach", where I've done a bunch of hacking on Camlistore over the years, and in the past few months.
What is Camlistore?
New in 0.6
- New beautiful web UI with infinite scroll of photos
- Search! Search by tag, photo location (using GPS info in JPEG EXIF + geocoding lookups), photo orientation, size, format, ...
- Websocket-based live updating of search results (see new photos appear on the web as they're uploaded from Android or other clients)
- Notable bug fixes: corruption fix for cznic/kv (for the "kvfile" index type), fd open/close race in diskpacked, etc.
- Start of OS X GUI and iPhone app. (no binary releases yet)
- Bunch of internal cleanups
- New publishing and templating system.
- Faster, prettier thumbnails
- Start of content importer framework & initial version of Flickr importer
- 18 unique contributors since 0.5
- 10 new contributors: Brian Marete, Daniel Pupius, Dustin Sallings, Jakub Brzeski, Robert Obryk, Salman Aljammaz, Steve Phillips, Tamás Gulácsi, Tony Chang, and Ulf Holm Nielsen.
- 434 non-merge commits
See http://imgur.com/a/NKje7. We hope to soon be using Camlistore itself for publishing these, instead of using imgur.
My apologies if I forgot something in this summary.
We welcome feedback, feature requests, bug reports, and code contributions!