Release 0.5 ("Castletownbere")
Another month, another Camlistore release. After our 0.4 release, we're happy to release 0.5, codename "Castletownbere". I'm currently in Castletownbere celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday with a bunch of extended family. While I haven't done much hacking in the past few days, we've all had a pretty productive month, busy working on new features and fixing bugs.
What is Camlistore?
New in 0.5
- Number of important bug fixes: race in cznic/kv (for the "kv" index type), camput deadlock uploading large directory trees, auth bug with +localhost, sharing bug assuming transitive was always set, stat bug when replicating from S3, directory create/remove race with localdisk replication, MongoDB dev config, make.go fixes, Windows fixes, etc
- Add support for alernate S3 region hostnames (or non-Amazon S3-alike APIs, like DreamObjects)
- Internal cleanups and docs, including some updated website schema docs
- Start of the "diskpacked" storage type
- Start of audio (MP3, etc) indexing
- Start of an OS X launcher / status bar icon
- Generate thumbails for CR2 image files
- The "replica" storage type can now have different sets of replicas for read vs write
- Allow share claims to have expiration times (with new flag for
- Share handler now supports optionally assembling blobs into one HTTP resource with
devcamtool has been fleshed out with subcommands
My apologies if I forgot something in this summary.
Thanks to Aaron Boodman, Andrew Gerrand, Bill Thiede, Hunter Freyer, Nick O'Neill, and Mathieu Lonjaret for the changes in this release, and thanks to everybody else who has contributed bug reports and questions on the mailing list.
We welcome feedback, feature requests, bug reports, and code contributions!